- Compliant with all of the normative source tests as described in Version 1.1 of the VESA DisplayPort PHY Compliance Test Standard
- Simple and easy-to-use automated testing
- Powerful and flexible analysis tools offer unmatched insight for diagnosing and solving elusive problems
- Long memory to capture lowspeed phenomena—such as Spread Spectrum Clocks (SSC) —embedded in high-speed data
- Support for 1.62 Gb/s and 2.7 Gb/s bit rates
- Connection diagrams help to make sure that you get the right setup on the first try
- QualiPHY report generation creates comprehensive reports with all pertinent test information
The QPHY-DisplayPort software for the WaveMaster/SDA/DDA 8 Zi Series of oscilloscopes provides an automated test environment for running all of the normative real-time oscilloscope tests for sources in accordance with Version 1.1 of the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) DisplayPort PHY Compliance Test Standard.
In order to get your DisplayPort source to market, it must pass the compliance test at either a DisplayPort PlugTest or a certified test lab. QPHY-DisplayPort will help to ensure that your device will be ready to pass the compliance test. This allows the fastest turnaround time and lowest processing cost to get your design to market.
Once a problem is detected, all of the power SDA tools are at your disposal to help find the root cause.
QPHY-DisplayPort provides a highly automated and easy-to-use solution for DisplayPort 1.62 Gb/s and 2.7 Gb/s source testing in accordance with Version 1.1 of the VESA DisplayPort PHY Compliance test standard.QPHY-DisplayPort Makes Compliance Testing Easy
Typically, compliance testing is a very difficult task. The user must make the necessary connections between the oscilloscope and the device under test, manually configure the oscilloscope for the appropriate measurement, perform the test procedure as specified by the test specification, record the results and finally compare the results to the appropriate limit in the compliance specification. QPHY-DisplayPort does many of these steps for you automatically.
Eye Diagram Test – This figure shows an eye diagram from a high bit rate (2.7 Gb/s) signal using a 20 MHz bandwidth clock recovery function.Comprehensive and Easy-to-read Test Reports
Measurement results often need to be summarized and tabulated to quickly verify specifications. This information, together with instrument and signal acquisition/test condition setups, results in a fully documented record. QPHY-DisplayPort streamlines this process by incorporating an automatic HTML report generation engine. The created test reports contain tabulated numerical values for each individual test result, including PASS/FAIL and specification limit columns. Reports can also be saved as PDF, HTML or XML.
Non Pre-emphasis Level – The Non Pre-Emphasis Level Verification test isolates the repeated bits in the signal where the level is more stable. Then the mean level over those regions is measured to determine the differential voltage.Advanced Debug Capability
If a compliance failure is found, Teledyne LeCroy’s SDA II serial data analysis package is available to help find the root cause quickly and easily. SDA II has the ability to perform Eye and Jitter measurements at the same time fully integrated into the oscilloscope application software. In addition, SDA II provides insight into the measured Eye and Jitter parameters making it easier to identify the sources of problems.
Non-ISI and Total Jitter – The DisplayPort specification requires measuring Tj at 10-9 as well as Non-ISI jitter. This image shows a 2 complete breakdown of jitter in the signal including Non-ISI jitter.
Eye Test Connection Diagrams prompt the user to make the necessary connections.
QualiPHY has many preset compliance configurations but also enables users to create their own configuration and limit sets.QualiPHY
Compliance Reports contain all of the tested values, the specific test limits and screen captures. Compliance Reports can be created as HTML, PDF or XML.
QualiPHY is designed to reduce the time, effort and specialized knowledge needed to perform compliance testing on high-speed serial buses.
- Guides the user through each test setup
- Performs each measurement in accordance with the relevant test procedure
- Compares each measured value with the applicable specification limits
- Fully documents all results
- QualiPHY helps the user perform testing the right way—every time!
Supported Test from Version 1.1 of the VESA DisplayPort PHY Compliance Test Standard
- 3.1 – Eye Diagram
- 3.2 – Non Pre-Emphasis Level Verification
- 3.3 – Pre-Emphasis Level Verification
- 3.4 – Inter-Pair Skew
- 3.5 – Intra-Pair Skew
- 3.10 – AC Common Mode Noise
- 3.11 – Non ISI Jitter Measurements
- 3.12 – Total Jitter
- 3.14 – Main Link Frequency
- 3.15 – SSC Modulation Frequency
- 3.16 – SSC Modulation Deviation